Your body has a memory of every moment that you have ever lived, from sperm consciousness in the mother’s womb to this present day in your life. Everything you have experienced, thought, learned, felt, heard, interpreted, saw, touched, smelled, did, tasted or spoke — consciously or unconsciously — was recorded and kept under the lock and key of the Unconscious mind.
Your emotions are the hidden messages of your unconscious mind, through which they attempt to connect with you. While your positive emotions indicate that you are doing well, your negative emotions alert you to the fact that you still need to recognize and learn and live your life as a whole.
Research shows that by listening, understanding, processing and integrating your emotions, you have the capacity to recover from severe physical and mental sicknesses. Simpler emotions can be processed and controlled through a simple technique, which, when used daily, can help to overcome minor anxieties, frustrations and disappointments; however, a severe case may require many sessions from a professional using a therapeutic process in depth psychology that is integrative. Unfortunately, not many therapeutic processes can access the unconscious and integrate those sick parts in a comforting manner without guilt. In fact, my experience to date has been that I have yet to come across one process that is nearing that work in both Canada and the United States of America.
Emotions help you to understand yourself on a deeper level. They contain the information connected to your past and also reflect the present experiences and events in your life; surprisingly, they may also partly inform you of the future state of your health. Listening to your emotions can help you to explore your deep needs and allow you to feel secure and support you in living a more balanced and complete life.
You are generally taught that you should avoid negative emotions at any cost. Over time, suppressing these emotions can become an unconscious pattern without awareness on your part and the way it is affecting your body. Not listening to these emotions can trigger negative consequences for your physical and/or mental health.
Avoiding or not finding solutions can accelerate the struggles in your life that can last for a long time. For example, if you have 30% negative energy in your body and you use another 30% of your energy to control it, then you will now have 60% of your energy in conflict while trying to live your life with remaining 40% of your energy. This number keeps increasing unless an immediate solution is found. This inner struggle is a very harmful pattern. Emotions tend to get stronger when they are caught in a struggle and just by labelling them as being “bad” or “negative” and “moving on from that event from the past” is not going to help at all. Things may spiral out of control and manifest themselves in the form of a physical or mental disorder where you might require professional help.
Here I would like to share a process that has helped me throughout my life. I have been lucky to have an idea embedded into my subconscious mind by my father when I was quite young. He taught me to be aware of sensations in my body whenever I can. He taught me to be aware when I am happy and also when I am sad. Check out what parts of my body feel and react, for example, when I found myself being nervous, I noticed that I moved my left foot very quickly. I further realized that my heart started pounding and my breathing became shallow. It further affected my speech and selection of the words in conversation. Later, I felt a mixture of anger and sadness because I was not able to speak up from my heart and instead did what other person told me to do. Strange, this resulted into a mixture of opposite feelings!
From now onwards, do this as a fun exercise. Although it might be difficult at first, with practice you will master it. Observe your bodily sensations few times a day during different hours, and if you wish to, you may you record them in a journal where you enter details such as time, place, situation or a person you were with. This may help you to understand the frequency and the circumstances associated with the emotions, the type of emotions they were — happiness, anger, sadness, fear – and the parts of your body that felt them.
What can you do next time you start feeling them? Do some breathing exercises. Visualize them and analyze the hidden patterns lurking beneath them, ask yourself where is the origin and be open to receiving unbelievable and illogical response from your inner-self! Over time, it will all begin to make sense to you although in the beginning you may not believe it. Once you understand the malignant connections working underneath, you will have the choice to change it. If this does not help you, then please send me a message to help you.
Leave A Comment